Jacksonville Jaguars

29 feliratkozó

több mint 7 éve
Wyatt New England Patriots 26 306
Nekem asszem két héttel előtte jött tán anno 😊

több mint 7 éve
dugo93 Indianapolis Colts 4 071
Bocs az off-ért fiúk, csak az lenne a kérdésem, hogy aki megy meccsre Londonba tud már valamit a jegyekről, mert Január óta síri csönd és hullaszag van.
Ez nem para, vagy esetleg megkezdhetem az aggódást! 😊
Stoki
Azt mondják, hogy pár héttel a meccs előtt fog megérkezni. Persze akinek van benne rutinja megnyugtathat engem is, mert én is várom 😀

több mint 7 éve
Stoki Jacksonville Jaguars 2 384 — Einhorn és Finkle...Finkle és Einhorn
Bocs az off-ért fiúk, csak az lenne a kérdésem, hogy aki megy meccsre Londonba tud már valamit a jegyekről, mert Január óta síri csönd és hullaszag van.
Ez nem para, vagy esetleg megkezdhetem az aggódást! 😊
több mint 7 éve
iktriad Jacksonville Jaguars 76 999 — GoT Survivor, GM Game 2018, NBA Fantasy 2020 winner
Csütörtökön edzés helyet kórházlátogatás volt a mai program. Szerencsére nem sérült játékosoknál jártak a fiúk!
 www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/jaguars-turn-ota-practice-into-community-day/237902640

Pár érdekesség az eddigi OTA-kről.
LG-ben a kezdőkkel csak és kizárólag Mackenzy Bernadau kap sanpeket, egyelőre úgy tűnik ő lesz az új LG. Joeckel csak és kizárólag LTben van fent a kezdőkkel, tehát nem számolunk vele LG-ben. Ha majd Beachum kiszorítja, akkor megy padozni.
Linder centerben olyan jónak tűnik egyelőre, mint guardban.
Az offense sztárja egyelőre Marqise Lee, aki nagyon fickándozik, és még egészséges. Nagyon kihasználja, hogy Hurns és A-Rob erősen limitáltan edz, ha edz.

Gipson jelenléte baromi jó hatással van az egész D-re, de nem tudni, Cyp vagy Sample lesz-e safety párja. Az SS csata a TC egyik nagy csemegéje lesz.

És íme majdnem a teljes roster web 2.0-ás elérhetőségének táblázata.
 www.jaguars.com/social/
Werner és Linkenbach mondjuk nincs benne feltüntetve. 😊
több mint 7 éve
Asbee New York Giants California Golden Bears 6 771 — OL- és Afrika szakértő
Amukamara nekem továbbra is nagy kedvencem maradt attól függetlenül, hogy a sérülések miatt eddig nem tudott kibontakozni. Ha egészséges tud maradni akkor jó szezonja lehet és korrekt szerződést kaphat valakitől jövőre. Persze az is benne van, hogy ismét megsérül és itt sem lesz olyan jó mint várják, de remélem lesz végre kis szerencséje.

Magyar Giants Blog a Facebookon és a Twitteren is! 2018-as FA TRACKER
több mint 7 éve
ozibozi New York Giants 15 414
Csak maradjon egészséges.
több mint 7 éve
iktriad Jacksonville Jaguars 76 999 — GoT Survivor, GM Game 2018, NBA Fantasy 2020 winner
Az FTU-s Hays Carlyon cikke Amukamaráról és mennyire illik a rendszerünkbe | (úgy tűnik nagyon) |
Jaguars cornerback Prince Amukamara a natural fit in defensive scheme

Any free-agent signing can be doomed from the start if the player is a bad fit schematically with his new team.

That won’t be a problem for first-year Jaguars cornerback Prince Amukamara.

Amukamara, who turned 27 on Monday, has been playing the style Jaguars coach Gus Bradley employs dating back to his college days at Nebraska and through his first five years in the NFL with the New York Giants.

“The technique is what I’ve been doing since college,” Amukamara said. “I also did it in New York, so that was one of the reasons why I came here. It’s been easy for me to adjust to it.”

Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell signed Amukamara to a one-year contract worth $5.5 million with $3 million guaranteed in March. Bradley and his staff believed Amukamara would have an easy transition.

“That’s one the things we liked on film, because he did play a lot of press coverage,” Bradley said. “There are little nuances in how we teach it, but he’s picked up on it real quick.”

Amukamara has had a chance to show his skills through the last four practices of organized team activities. He was held out of the first four practices with a hamstring injury.

“One thing I really like about him is he can play bump and run,” Jaguars defensive backs coach DeWayne Walker said. “That’s something that’s standing out already. He’s going to have to continue to learn the rest of the defense and just get comfortable with our style. The bump and run part of it is real good so far. That was something I was very attracted to watching on tape when he was being evaluated and it’s carried over.”

Amukamara might be a natural fit in the scheme, but there are other challenges to getting acclimated to a new team.

“It’s going good and I’m excited to finally be out here and getting reps,” Amukamara said. “It’s weird at first, different colors and different jersey with all new guys -- a new playbook. It’s like going to a different country in a sense, because everything is different. You’re learning a whole new culture, but I’m slowly getting used to it.”

The 6-foot, 207-pound Amukamara is the Jaguars most experienced cornerback. He started 45 games for the Giants, recording 261 tackles with seven interceptions, three forced fumbles and 45 pass break-ups.

Amukamara will team with Davon House, first-round rookie Jalen Ramsey and Aaron Colvin as the Jaguars try to fix their defensive woes.

House (29 career starts) intercepted a team-high four passes last season, the only cornerback on the team to pick off a pass. Ramsey was drafted with the fifth-overall pick. Colvin’s days as a starter on the outside will likely end after one season. The third-year veteran will return to his nickel back role once he returns from a four-game suspension to start the season.

Amukamara has been able to make strides in not only fitting in with his new teammates, but making an impactful impression on them.

“I’ve never been in a room like we’re in now because of Prince,” House said. “Everyone seems a lot closer. We’re hanging out after practice for just 45 [minutes] to an hour just talking, laughing.”

Free safety Tashaun Gipson is in the same situation as Amukamara as a new addition on the team. He feels like Amukamara can help his transition as well.

“He’s just a technician and that’s the kind of cornerback that I want when I’m in the middle of the field,” Gipson said. “I want a cornerback like Prince. He’s an old-school football player. You have to respect that. He’s going to bring everything. He’s physical, he can run, he can play press. He can do everything that you want in a cornerback.”

Amukamara’s skills have been evident during OTAs. However, the biggest success is his participation. Amukamara has missed 22 games in his career with injuries. The four practices have given him a head start with a mandatory three-day minicamp next week before the team breaks until training camp starts in late July.

“I’ve seen him jump out and make some plays,” Bradley said. “I don’t know if he’s fully 100 percent. He’s working through it, but it’s good to see him out here competing. His big thing now is just getting reps. He’s building up his own confidence and gaining our trust out here. That’s good to see.”
több mint 7 éve
Malik Jackson a Broncos csapatával Obamánál járt hétfőn, erről mesélt itt.
 www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Day-Eight-OTAs-Memorable-day-for-Jackson/cca3becd-6ae0-4a81-9d03-17bf07aab28a

A QB coach Hackett az irányítóink eddigi munkáit értékelte.
 www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Hackett-More-ready-to-do-everything/6a85d4bc-9402-4edd-8cd5-24c7b911c77d

Bortles és ő is nagyon dicsérte Brandon Allent. Mike Kaye cikke A 6: körös Qb pickünk eddigi szerepléséről és fejlődéséről.
 www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Hackett-More-ready-to-do-everything/6a85d4bc-9402-4edd-8cd5-24c7b911c77d

És itt egy Bortles interjú is
 www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Bortles-Guys-are-getting-better/0c4b1690-b416-4dc1-b2de-40f3fa4e05bd
több mint 7 éve
5 veterán, akiknek eléggé ingatag lehet a helye a keretkijelöléskor.
A look at Jaguars who could be on bubble

A look at Jaguars who could be on bubbleAs the Jaguars went through their offseason program the last three years, the educated guess of which players would be on the roster bubble would be fairly accurate.

Sure, an undrafted free agent would emerge or a player locked into a spot would sustain an injury, but it was mostly easy to guess who was safe.

Not this year.

The Jaguars are four drafts and four free agency periods into this administration. Players drafted since 2013 will continue to be cut. Players signed as free agents could be released. Players who made the team as undrafted free agents might get whacked.

As the organized team activity workouts roll on, a look at the six returning players who could be on the bubble, C-3

TYSON ALUALU (DEFENSIVE LINEMAN)

Years with team: Seventh — a first-round pick in 2010. Alualu, 29, has not missed a game in six years, totaling 340 tackles, 15 sacks and two fumble recoveries. He is in the final season of a two-year, $6 million contract, his second deal with the Jaguars.

Why’s he on the bubble: The Jaguars keep stockpiling defensive linemen and that could squeeze out Alualu. Last year, he lost his strong-side end starting spot when Jared Odrick was signed in free agency. Alualu carved out a role as a swing linemen, subbing for Odrick at end and playing tackle when called upon. But the Jaguars signed Malik Jackson to start at tackle ahead of Sen’Derrick Marks and drafted tackle Sheldon Day.

How he makes the team: Alualu has a solid camp to keep his No. 2 strong-side end spot and then outperforms Abry Jones and/or Michael Bennett during his tackle reps to force the Jaguars to cut one of those younger players.

JOSH EVANS (FREE SAFETY)

Years with team: Fourth — a sixth-round pick in 2013. Evans, 25, has started 37 of 47 games and totaled 196 tackles and three fumble recoveries. He has outlasted Dwight Lowery, Winston Guy and Sergio Brown the last three years. Evans is entering the final year of his rookie deal.

Why’s he on the bubble: The Jaguars signed Tashaun Gipson from Cleveland to solidify the free safety position. But Evans could be in trouble because the Jaguars then moved Peyton Thompson from cornerback to free safety. Thompson can play multiple positions, which Evans hasn’t been asked to do.

How he makes the team: Thompson proves ill-equipped to play free safety in the preseason games and the Jaguars have no choice but to stick with what they know (Evans) as Gipson’s backup.

COREY GRANT (RUNNING BACK/KICK RETURNER)

Years with team: Second — an undrafted free agent in 2015. Grant played in six games last year (six rushes for two yards and eight kick returns for a 27.5-yard average) before sustaining a season-ending hip flexor injury.

Why’s he on the bubble: The Jaguars signed free agent Chris Ivory to team with T.J. Yeldon at the tailback position, Denard Robinson still has the support of the decision-makers, and Jonas Gray flashed during a short audition in last year’s final two games (14 carries for 54 yards). Do the Jaguars really need five tailbacks?

How he makes the team: Grant shines as a kick returner and shows enough at tailback that the Jaguars make room for him.

DWAYNE GRATZ (CORNERBACK)

Years with team: Fourth — a third-round pick in 2013. Gratz, 26, has started 25 of 37 games, intercepting three passes and making 114 tackles. He is entering the final year of his rookie contract.

Why’s he on the bubble: The Jaguars signed free agent Prince Amukamara and drafted Jalen Ramsey fifth overall. That moves Gratz to at least sixth on the overall cornerback depth chart, behind, in order, Ramsey, Davon House, Amukamara, Aaron Colvin and Nick Marshall, a player the coaches are higher on than outside observers.

How he makes the team: The Jaguars have moved Gratz inside this offseason to cover the slot receiver. If the coaches don’t feel comfortable moving Ramsey inside on passing downs and don’t feel Amukamara is the right fit there, either, Gratz would be the guy during Colvin’s four-game suspension to start the year with a good camp.

DEMETRIUS MCCRAY (CORNERBACK)

Years with team: Fourth — a seventh-round pick in 2013. McCray, 25, has started 16 of 46 games, but is still looking for his first interception. He has 73 tackles and six pass breakups. McCray is in the final year of his rookie deal.

Why’s he on the bubble: The same reason Gratz is — the Jaguars signed Amukamara and drafted Ramsey. The Jaguars moved Gratz inside, leaving McCray as the fourth outside corner behind Ramsey, House, Amukamara and Marshall.

How he makes the team: McCray creates turnovers in training camp practices and preseason games combined with Marshall showing he’s not ready to trusted to play cornerback.

TYLER SHATLEY (CENTER/GUARD)

Years with team: Third — an undrafted free agent in 2014. Shatley appeared in one game as a rookie and 14 last year (no starts). He is entering the final year of his rookie contract.

Why’s he on the bubble: The Jaguars have stashed Shatley on the active roster since September 2014, when they were sure other teams would have claimed him on waivers. But this offseason, they moved Brandon Linder to center and signed Mackenzy Bernadeau, the current first-team left guard, and veterans Jeff Linkenbach and Patrick Omameh.

How he makes the team: Shatley shows enough to make the team as the backup center to Linder and outplays Linkenbach and Omameh, among others, for an interior swing-man position.
Alualu helye szerintem biztos, Shatleyé is,a többiekre elég nehéz TC vár
több mint 7 éve
Mike Kaye keddi edzésriportja:
 www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/jaguars-otas-day-8-hackett-see-improvement-from-bortles-lee-not-letting-injuries-define-him/235654272
több mint 7 éve
Greg Jones(a remek FB, nem az egykori Michigan State LB, aki szintén volt itt) visszatért a Jaguarshoz, mint scout!

Mellette még 6 ember került új pozícióba nálunk:

The Jaguars also announced the hiring of Mindy Black as director of performance nutrition and five promotions: Hamzah Ahmad (director of football operations), Kirsten Grohs (manager of football administration), Mike Stoeber (director of football systems), Zach Beistline (football database analyst), Antonio Robinson (college scout) and Leslie Ladd (coordinator of scouting administration).
Fowlernek egyre jobban megy az edzés saját elmondása szerint
FOWLER HAPPY WITH PROGRESS

Defensive end Dante Fowler has participated in every OTA, somewhat surprising considering the Jaguars figured to manage him a year after his knee injury.

“The reps they do give me, I try and take advantage of,” he said. “My job is to show that whatever they put on my plate, I can handle. The more they give me, the more I can show that I can be accountable.”

Fowler has certainly flashed during the individual (whipping through a gauntlet of tackling dummies) and team drills (showing speed to get around the offensive tackle).

Slideshow: Jaguars take the field for the final week of OTA's

“I’m happy,” Fowler said of his two-plus weeks. “I’m just trying to keep progressing every week.

“I feel like every day, I play faster and faster, especially when I’m able to get into the film room with my coaches and go over the plays.”

Fowler said he has benefited from watching himself on tape running through the plays instead of projecting his role like he had to last year.

“That’s helped me a lot,” he said. “Sometimes, I just watch to see myself out there. It’s just really good to see myself running around out there and then I look at the things that I have to do better.”
Tegnap nem volt az edzésen Malik, Ivory, Odrick, a WR Shaq Evans és az LB Sean Porter

Limitáltan edzett Earl Wolff, A-Rob és Tony Washington

Jalen Ramsey ott volt az edzésen, és akik látták, azt mondják, teljesen normálisan sétálgat, nem biceg, tehát tényleg rendbe jöhet TCre.

Nic Jacobs és Parnell limitáltan, de edzett már.

Armbrister és Gipson is visszatért edzeni, előbbinek ez volt az első OTA edzése idén.

Szerkesztette: iktriad
több mint 7 éve
Most hogy Paulo Sergio nincs már a keretben,
iktriad
Ki fog akkor gólt rúgni?
Amadeus91
Myers.
több mint 7 éve
Na mondjuk abban egyetértek veled, hogy magam részéről én is sokallom azért ezt a pénzt. De öt évre tekintve egyrészt már nem annyira para, másrészt amennyire emelkedik a satyi, sajna egyre több lesz a túlfizetés, ami miatt persze az elit játékosok megint még többet kérnek majd. Viszont a Jaxnek így is volt vagy 53 milla helye, aztán így legalább nem egyszerre kell mindenkivel tárgyalnia. Ettől függetlenül valóban opció lehetett volna az is akár, mint amit nálunk felvetettem Butlernél, hogy gyakorlatilag kevesebb mint 20 millióért három évre gond nélkül meg lehetett volna tartani (persze utána már kérdés, hogy a kövi két évet megoldanák-e 20-ból). Amúgy meg Butler írjon szépen alá 5/40-45-ért max és jóvan 😀

több mint 7 éve
peterk2005 udvari bolond Indianapolis Colts Stanford Cardinal 23 600 — The only discipline that lasts, is self discipline
De nézheted úgy is, hogy 5 év 40.6 millás szerződés 😊
Wyatt
Áh, persze. Sőt, akkor miért nem nézzük 7 év 41.5 millásnak, úgy még jobban mutat. 😀
peterk2005
Igen, csak ez hülyeség lenne. Ellentétben azzal, amit én írtam. Mert ez valójában egy négyéves kiterjesztés az idei fizuja mellé pluszban, szóval öt évre kötelezte el most magát, amennyi idő alatt 40.6 millát kereshet. Mellesleg te sem tudod már eldönteni, kinek a párján vagy. Amikor Gronk van, akkor szegény játékos de szarul járt, amiért csak 54 millát kereshet a hat éve alatt, amivel a legjobb szerződést kapta meg a posztján húszezer sérülése után, most pedig Hurnsnél 3 év 36 millát írsz, és szegény csapat 😀
Wyatt
1. Ha Hurns szerződését 5 évesnek írod, mert, szerinted az a logikus, akkor Gronkét miért 6 évesnek írtad? Merthogy a logikát követve akkor Gronk 8 éves contractot kötött, Hiszen nála a hosszabbítás ideje volt hat év. (2012 nyarán írta alá, és a szerződés 2019-ig érvényes)

2. Ha úgy számolnánk, ahogy te számolsz, akkor Gronk nem 6 évre kapott 54 milliót, hanem 8 évre 57.5-öt (hozzávéve a rookie contractja utolsó két évének pénzét is). Ez évi átlagban picivel 7 millió fölé jön(ne) ki, ami kevesebb, mint az akkor már létező, KORÁBBAN KÖTÖTT elit TE fizetések - pl. Wittené - évi átlaga. (Witten pár évvel korábban 7.5 millás átlagút kötött. De Vernon Davis, vagy Antonio Gates szerződésének akkori átlaga is magasabb volt ennél). Persze senki nem így számolja Gronk contractját - még te se. Csak Hurnsét számolod így.

3. Ha mégis így számolunk, akkor Hurns 5 évre 8 fölötti összeget kap, ami az IDEI FA piacon is teljesen megállná a helyét a #2 elkapók között (lásd Jones, Sanu friss contractja). Ellentétben azzal, hogy ha Gronk fizetését számoljuk hasonló logikával 8 évre.

3. A logikád szerint akkor, ha Butler (aki hasonló helyzetben van, mint Hurns) most kapna a Pats-től egy 4 éves, 53-60 millió körüli kiterjesztést (ez felel meg Hurns contractjának, számolva 4 évvel és a CB poszton az elit játékosok 13-15 milla/évével), akkor is azt mondanád, hogy a Pats nem fizette alaposan meg? Mert én biztos vagyok benne, hogy sokallnád.😊 És abban is biztos vagyok, hogy akkor is sokallnád, ha 5 évre osztva "csak" 11 körülre jönne ki 😊

Egyébként amikor Gronk aláírta a szerződését, akkor nem volt ezernyi sérülése. Az első két évét végigjátszotta, egy meccset se hagyott ki. A második év playoffjában szenvedett bokahúzódást, amivel - bár nem teljesen egészségesen, de - végigjátszotta a playoffot, egészen a Superbowl-ig. A sérülés-kálváriája a szerződéskötés utáni idényében indult, előbb a Colts meccsen eltört karjával, majd a többivel, elfertőzés, ACL, stb.

(Elnézést Jags fanok, hogy floodoltuk a topicot, a magam részéről befejeztem. Csak annyi volt a szándékom, hogy leírjam: szerintem más oka is lehetett, hogy ilyen "bőséges" contractot kapott Hurns, Olyan ok, amiről nem tudunk.)

Szerkesztette: peterk2005 udvari bolond

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing.” (Peyton Manning)
több mint 7 éve
Amadeus von Dollárbaloldal Las Vegas Raiders West Virginia Mountaineers 31 974
Most hogy Paulo Sergio nincs már a keretben,
iktriad
Ki fog akkor gólt rúgni?

criminal lawyer or criminal lawyer?
több mint 7 éve
Wyatt
Áh, persze. Sőt, akkor miért nem nézzük 7 év 41.5 millásnak, úgy még jobban mutat. 😀
peterk2005
Igen, csak ez hülyeség lenne. Ellentétben azzal, amit én írtam. Mert ez valójában egy négyéves kiterjesztés az idei fizuja mellé pluszban, szóval öt évre kötelezte el most magát, amennyi idő alatt 40.6 millát kereshet. Mellesleg te sem tudod már eldönteni, kinek a párján vagy. Amikor Gronk van, akkor szegény játékos de szarul járt, amiért csak 54 millát kereshet a hat éve alatt, amivel a legjobb szerződést kapta meg a posztján húszezer sérülése után, most pedig Hurnsnél 3 év 36 millát írsz, és szegény csapat 😀

több mint 7 éve
peterk2005 udvari bolond Indianapolis Colts Stanford Cardinal 23 600 — The only discipline that lasts, is self discipline
Wyatt

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing.” (Peyton Manning)
több mint 7 éve
A-Rob Hurnsy új szerződéséről #88 jótékonysági rendezvényén
 twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/739245957036965892
Tényleg jó látni, hogy a 2 Allen mennyire drukkol egymásnak.

Szerkesztette: iktriad
több mint 7 éve
Yeldon Ivory érkezéséről és az RB depth chartról.
Despite missing four games last year, Jaguars running back T.J. Yeldon finished 24th in the NFL with 182 carries and 22nd with 740 rushing yards.

The Jaguars responded by signing New York Jets free agent Chris Ivory, who was fifth last year in yards (1,050) and sixth in attempts (247).

Well, T.J.?

“I felt like it was a good signing to help us out and get a 1-2 punch going on,” Yeldon said in the Jaguars locker room after Tuesday’s practice. “It will help us stay fresh just like at Alabama with me and Eddie [Lacy]. We can go all out on every play and then come out when we need a break and the other guy can go in and do his thing.”

So is Yeldon the 1 or the 2 of the punch? He laughed and said: “We’ll see how it goes when the season gets here.”

What needs to happen when the season gets here is a better Jaguars’ running game.

“I felt like the run game went down throughout the season,” Yeldon said. “We need to all pick it up and get a lot better this year.”

The Jaguars’ rushed for 774 yards in the first eight games and 699 in the final eight.

But the point Yeldon doesn’t want to make so I will: When he was unavailable, the Jaguars’ running game was broken.

Yeldon’s 12 games: The Jaguars averaged 100.6 yards and went 5-7.

Yeldon’s four missed games (including the final three with a sprained medial collateral ligament): The Jaguars averaged 66.3 yards and went 0-4.

To help increase his yards-per-carry average of 4.1, Yeldon spent the off-season training with Alabama strength and conditioning coach Scott Cochran while finishing his degree.

“I’m at 225; it’s a better 225,” Yeldon said. “I’m still going to try and lose five more pounds before camp. I feel like I’ve gotten a lot stronger to hold off the bigger guys [on defense].”
Most hogy Paulo Sergio Brown nincs már a keretben, és Sample-re SS poszton számítunk, Peyton thompson lett átképezve FSnek idén, és ő lesz Josh Evans 1. számú kihívója, mint Gipson 1. számú cseréje.
Thompson’s ‘best chance’

Cut six times by four teams since entering the league in 2013, Peyton Thompson may finally be carving out a niche in the Jaguars’ secondary after being moved from cornerback to free safety.

“I feel like this is my best chance [to make an opening-day roster],” Thompson said during the first week of OTAs. “The amount of special teams I can play and being somebody they can interchange from cornerback to nickel to safety and know the whole defense no matter where I am, that definitely gives me an upper hand.”

Thompson played in 15 games last year and is competing with Josh Evans to be Tashaun Gipson’s backup.

“I was back there [at safety] a couple of times in high school, but I never had to play it in college [at San Jose State],” Thompson said. “It’s something I’m comfortable with and confident enough to play. I actually like it because it gives me a different perspective and I’m able to see the whole play.”
Úgy tűnik Linkenbachra elsősorban tackleként tekintünk.
Linkenbach catches up

Reserve offensive lineman Jeff Linkenbach signed May 17 and was on the field six days later for OTAs, but he said the transition has gone well.

“Playing in the league for a few years now, football is football and it’s just learning the terminology,” he said. “I jumped in late, but got in before the first OTA so I’m feeling comfortable.”

Linkenbach was crash-coursed by assistant offensive line coach John Benton, his position coach last year with Miami.

Linkenbach, a self-described “Jack of all trades,” is working at tackle during OTAs. He lives full-time in Indianapolis, where he said the key was “sticking to my [off-season] routine,” even though he was a free agent.

“It was a little longer than I hoped for, but better late than never,” he said. “I just kept plugging away [while] waiting for the opportunity.”
A héten még AJ Cann(!) is megfordult RT poszton, mivel Parnell a kéztörése miatt erősen limitált.

A-Rob azt mondta, hogy minicamp és TC közt lesz önszorgalmú közös edzés a QBk, WRek és TEk között.

Jövő héten jön az utolsó 4 OTA edzés (hétfő-kedd, csütörtök-péntek), bár Gus mindig lemond az utolsó napról valami közös programot szervezve a csapatnak az edzőpályától messze.
több mint 7 éve

több mint 7 éve
Azért ez egy igen masszív contract. Figyelembe véve a jövő évi RFA státuszát, ez lényegében egy 3 év kb. 36-37 millás szerződés, amiből 16-17 milla garantált. Ilyen státusú (2 év tapasztalat, még 1 év contract+RFA ) játékos utoljára szerintem Arian Foster volt, akit így megkínáltak. Azóta nem emlékszem másra. Szerintem itt lehettek másodlagos szempontok is (pl. muszáj volt a CBA miatt idén - vagy jövőre - pénzt költeni, vagy hasonlók), mert ez azért piac fölötti ár, nem is olyan kicsivel.

több mint 7 éve
Caldwell elég sok témát érintve nyilatkozott az FTU-nak pénteken.
Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell reiterated a familiar refrain on Friday when it comes to the health of prized rookies Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack.

Don’t worry.

The Jaguars are counting on Ramsey and Jack to add a dynamic element to their revamped defense this season.

Ramsey was selected with the fifth-overall pick to become a shut-down cornerback. He underwent surgery on May 24 to repair a small meniscus tear in his right knee.

Caldwell traded up to select Jack in the second round. The ultra-athletic linebacker fell in the draft because of longevity concerns over his knee.

Caldwell spoke about the two players prior to the team’s practice on Friday.

Ramsey has attended practices this week and is walking without crutches with a wrap on the knee.

“He is doing really well,” Caldwell said. “He’s out here now and you see him walking around. He feels great. The expectation is he’ll be 100 percent ready for training camp [in late July] and probably even before then.”

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said he’s making a point to speak to Ramsey during practice.

“It’s awesome [that he’s out here],” Bradley said. “Even though he’s watching, I’ve quizzed him on the sideline. He’s getting [mental] reps, so he’s doing everything that he can do.”

Jack couldn’t participate in the organized team activities because of academic regulations. He will arrive after UCLA’s classes end on June 10 and be on the field for the three-day mandatory minicamp starting June 14. Jack was allowed to come to EverBank Field for a physical last week.

“He looked just like he did when he was here for rookie minicamp,” Caldwell said. “No issues.”

Caldwell met with the media to further discuss Thursday’s contract extension for receiver Allen Hurns. The four-year deal is worth $40 million with $20 million guaranteed.

The Jaguars signed Hurns as an undrafted free agent in 2014.

“It was kind of extraordinary circumstances with him being a college free agent, but he’s an extraordinary individual,” Caldwell said. “We want to make sure we treat our guys right. We felt like it was well deserved.”

Hurns caught 64 passes for 1,031 yards and 10 touchdowns last year in his second season. He has 16 touchdowns in his career.

“He’s done it two years in a row,” Caldwell said. “This wasn’t just a one-year wonder and that’s another reason why we felt comfortable with it. Two years of production, plus the type of person and character he is. It was the right decision on our part.”

Caldwell also addressed other topics.

-On left tackle Kelvin Beachum’s return:

-We’ll just take it day by day,” Caldwell said. “I don’t think we have an actual target date.”

Beachum signed as a free agent from Pittsburgh to replace Luke Joeckel, but is recovering from a torn anterior cruciate ligament suffered last October. Caldwell had previously said the team was hopeful to have Beachum cleared in early August. Beachum has been working out on a side field during OTAs.

-On whether offensive lineman Luke Bowanko’s hip injury is season ending:

“No, we’ll know more once camp starts,” Caldwell said. “He’ll start the season on PUP [physically unable to perform list].
Mike Kaye pedig a támadófalra koncentrált mai cikkében:
 www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/jaguars-shuffling-linemen-testing-versatility-of-offensive-line/229083690
több mint 7 éve
OFF: Vajon Bernadeu signing bonus-t vagy singing bonus-t kapott?
phylos
😊 😊 😊 😊 😊
több mint 7 éve
phylos Jacksonville Jaguars 1 157 — Duvááááál
Nem mintha nem örülnék, de évi 10-11 milla igencsak masszív fizu.
Húsrágó
Bónuszokkal annyi. Évi átlagos 5m amit tuti megkap
Höri
Pontosan. Jó szerződés ez mindkét félnek.
Egyébként ez elég ösztönző lesz majd A-Robnak is, mert ha közel azonos számokat hoz idén, mint tavaly, akkor rá meg úgy 60-80 milliós szerződés várhat alsó hangon, akár már jövő ilyenkor.
iktriad
Pláne, hogy a szerződése csak jövő sszezontól aktív. A 2016-os szezonban még a régi fizut kapja + signing bonus.
Details on the #Jaguars WR Allen Hurns 4-yr extension: $40M base over 4 new yearsRapsheet
OFF: Vajon Bernadeu signing bonus-t vagy singing bonus-t kapott?

Szerkesztette: phylos

Made... Laid... Paid
több mint 7 éve
Nem mintha nem örülnék, de évi 10-11 milla igencsak masszív fizu.
Húsrágó
Bónuszokkal annyi. Évi átlagos 5m amit tuti megkap
Höri
Pontosan. Jó szerződés ez mindkét félnek.
Egyébként ez elég ösztönző lesz majd A-Robnak is, mert ha közel azonos számokat hoz idén, mint tavaly, akkor rá meg úgy 60-80 milliós szerződés várhat alsó hangon, akár már jövő ilyenkor.